Jo came through in a big way today. She was browsing Next Door, and found a posting for a free lathe. She jumped on it and I picked it up the next morning. When I got there I found out that it was more then a lathe. This guy was also giving away a mill and pantograph. Along with tooling and some different work holding fixtures.
Along with the machines, he also gave me two boxes of tooling, a mill clamp, rotary table and tail stock, and an X,Y drill press table.
When the dust cleared, and I got everything unpacked and sorted the final list came to this:
- Sheldon 10″ lathe, 24″ between centers.
- Quick change tool post
- 5 QC tool holders
- 2 lanter style tool holders
- a few pounds of High Speed Steel
- 3 jaw chuck with key
- 4 jaw check with key
- small and large dogs with back plate
- shop made steady rest
- shop made follower
- A mix match of gears for the power feed.
- 1/2 hp OG motor (forward and reverse) working.
- Bench Master MV-1 Vertical Mill
- Bench Master 6″ rotary table and tail stock
- Bench Master Machine vice
- 1/2 hp OG motor (forward and reverse) with OG Drum switch
- 2 MT2 collets
- 4 3TA collets
- A hand full of MT2 end mills
- Scripta Engraver Pantograph
- I don’t know much about this machine, honestly I had never even heard of a Pantograph until I unloaded this machine and googled it. I am looking forward to making some dials.