So you may have heard rumors, but get the real deal here. Yep, my (Jo’s) sister, Ashley, is moving to Portland and shortly my mom will be following her and we will all live in one big ol’ house together.
Here is how it all went down…
- My sister needs to get more focused in school and the saying goes “it takes a village” so Mo and I thought we are her village, so let’s get serious about school.
- Ashley wants to attend college here, so if she moves now then she will not have to pay out of state tuition because she will be a resident.
- Schools here offer Ashley different opportunities.
- We would love to have Co around more family, it is something we are all really missing. Co doesn’t see any of his grandparents the way we would like for him to see them.
- We want my mom here with her family, plus I feel like I need to keep an eye on her!
- Living with grandparents is pretty normal in the South…I have done it a couple of times, my sister has, Southern people like to be all together.
- This a great time to “buy up,” we have outgrown our starter home and buying a larger home with my mother would give us more buying power and more flexibility.
- We are looking to get a home that there would essentially be different living spaces so the two families can have some breathing room.
- We are up for a new adventure.
So all that is left to do is sell our house, find a school for Ashley, buy a house, pack and move, and get said house ready for a family. We weren’t doing anything this summer anyhow.